Monday, September 7, 2009

Magic Soup


I made my Magical Tomato Soup this weekend....I love to pick the tomatoes fresh from the garden, then taste them immediately to be sure my soup holds the integrity of the fruit's natural flavor. Then I add a splash of organic milk and blend them into a beautiful rose coloured liquid. Once the elixir is in the pot...I stir in spices whose fragrance strikes my fancy. Maybe a dash of Italian seasonings, a touch of garlic powder, a shake or two of cayenne, and the most important ingredient of all a few scoops of brown sugar. Once I have stirred and mixed and the soup begins to bubble...I set it to low and prepare the garnishes.
In each bowl I include a generous helping of shaved parmesan cheese, a parmesan cracker, and a fresh leaf of basil.
The results are uniquely different every time. Yet always Delicious.

No comments: